Linksys®, the first to sell 100 million routers globally and a leader in networking solutions for the home and business, today announced the availability of its Linksys Max-Stream™ AC1750 MU-MIMO Gigabit Wi-Fi Router (EA7300).
The new Linksys AC1750 MU-MIMO router leverages 802.11ac Wave 2 MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple Input, Multiple Output) technology, which helps ensure uninterrupted Wi-Fi connectivity to multiple devices in the home and functions as if multiple devices have their own dedicated router. Ideal for homes with multiple users each with their own streaming devices, MU-MIMO functionality helps make Wi-Fi networks more efficient when delivering high bandwidth 4K streams to multiple devices at the same time.
Powered by a dual-core processor and delivering speeds up to 1.7 Gbps*, the AC1750 is also equipped with seamless roaming. When paired with a Max-Stream range extender, such as the Linksys Max-Stream™ AC1900 Range Extender (RE7000), this technology enables client devices to roam around the home always connected to the optimal access point, either router or range extender, seamlessly without having to manually connect or lose connection.
Seamless roaming works much the same way devices work in an office environment where users can move room to room, floor to floor, always staying connected to the office Wi-Fi connection. Another advantage of seamless roaming is a single network name (also known as SSID) for the entire network, making it easier to always stay connected to the best Wi-Fi signal.
“Linksys has introduced the largest range of Wi-Fi products that support 802.11 Wave 2 MU-MIMO technology,” said Justin Doucette, director product management, Linksys.
“Our latest MU-MIMO enabled product is the AC1750 Max-Stream router and includes Linksys’ unique seamless roaming technology that creates a whole home Wi-Fi experience by providing multiple access points with a single network name and single password. The AC1750 Max-Stream router is an affordable entry point into next gen AC Wi-Fi with the option to expand to seamless roaming with a Max-Stream range extender.”
The EA7300 features:
- Next-Gen AC Wi-Fi – 802.11ac Wave 2 with MU-MIMO Technology for uninterrupted Wi-Fi connections to multiple devices at the same time.
- Dual-band AC1750 Wireless speeds up to 1300 Mbps 5 GHz + 450 Mbps 2.4GHz, which is a combined speed up to 1.7 Gbps.
- Seamless Roaming: To enable Seamless Roaming, pair a Max-Stream Router with a Max-Stream Range Extender (RE7000). The intuitive technology lets users move freely in and outside their home without dropping a Wi-Fi signal.
- Four Gigabit LAN Ethernet ports and One Gigabit WAN for wired speeds up to 10x faster than fast Ethernet.
- Dual-Core CPU.
- One USB 3.0 port for connecting printers, storage and more.
- Three external and adjustable antennas for maximum coverage.
- Get real-time info about your Wi-Fi network.
- Manage and monitor your network and easily control your Wi-Fi router remotely on a smart phone with the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi app.
- Give your guests what they want, access to your Wi-Fi.
- Control your kids’ Wi-Fi usage.
- See all the devices connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- Advanced WPA/WPA2 encryption and SPI firewall helps keep the network safe.
|The full line of Linksys MU-MIMO next-gen wireless AC technology solutions:|
|Max-Stream Routers:||WRT Router:||Range Extender:||USB Adapter:|
|EA7300 – Linksys Max-Stream™ AC1750 MU-MIMO Gigabit Wi-Fi Router||EA7500 – Linksys Max-Stream™ AC1900 MU-MIMO Gigabit Wi-Fi Router||EA8500 – Linksys Max-Stream™ AC2600 MU-MIMO Gigabit Wi-Fi Router||EA9500 – Linksys Max-Stream™ AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit Wi-Fi Router||WRT3200ACM – Linksys AC3200 WRT Gigabit MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router||RE7000 – Linksys Max-Stream™ AC1900+ Wi-Fi Range Extender||WUSB6100M – Linksys Max-Stream™ AC600 Wi-Fi Micro USB Adapter|
The Linksys AC1750 MU-MIMO router will help address buffering issues customers are having today and into the future with 4K content.
Check out the MU-MIMO video on the Linksys YouTube page (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utv-f7aM84c)